Why Retain an Attorney For My Divorce
Important reasons why you should consider retaining an attorney for your divorce.
1. A divorce action can be an extremely emotional process, and for many having an attorney to handle the core process can alleviate undue stress and negative interaction between the parties directly.
2. Experienced divorce attorneys already know about the impact a divorce will have on your children, assets, debts and income. You will need help navigating this complex process to achieve the best outcome for all involved.
3. During this process you will have some prerequisites and requirements with the family court, such as filing requests for the proper relief with the court, exchanging financial disclosures, attending a parenting class, and most likely a mediation conference.
4. Your attorney will keep you informed throughout every step of the case, and guide you through making informed decisions that best suit your needs and the needs of your spouse and children.
5. The ultimate goal of any professionally handled divorce action is to reach an appropriate and fair settlement. However, that may not always be the outcome if you choose to go it alone and attempt to resolve all of these complicated issues without the assistance of an experienced family lawyer at your side.
If you or someone you know is contemplating a divorce or needs legal assistance with any of these issues, contact Freeman Goldis & Cash in St. Petersburg Florida for a no obligation consultation regarding your case.